PUBLIC NOTICE: Light House Request for Proposals
PUBLIC NOTICE: The Light House has been awarded CDBG funds to perform upgrades to the access control system and other select security measures to the building located at 10 Hudson Street Annapolis and is soliciting for prospective respondents until March 26th.
Requests for the project manual and to schedule time to view the project details can be directed to Heather Cassity at The Light House or sent via email: LHSecurityproject@annapolislighthouse.org.
Light House Bistro Reopening This Spring
Since the start of the Covid-19 crisis, Light House Bistro staff have stepped in to support the entirety of The Light House food insecure operations—feeding residents, community clients, and managing pantry distribution, which also allowed us to continue to provide training opportunities despite the restaurant closure.
As The Light House begins to transition back to normal operations, we are excited to announce that Light House Bistro will be reopening our doors and plan on welcoming customers back in spring! As always, the safety of our staff and guests is of the utmost importance to us and we have been diligently developing and assessing our operations and guidelines to ensure the health and well-being of all who come through our doors. Stay tuned for more details by following Light House Bistro on Facebook and Instagram!
We look forward to seeing you all at Light House Bistro soon!
Our Impact In 2020
Thank you to our community for supporting us throughout 2020! Your dedication to our mission enabled us to serve a record number of neighbors hardest hit by the Covid-19 crisis. In fact, overall, we served 40% more individuals and families than a typical year, and the number of households served through our pantry programs increased by more than 200%.
In 2020 alone, The Light House:
- Provided emergency and transitional housing for 169 individuals including 32 children.
- Successfully moved over 83 shelter residents and homeless community clients into safe permanent housing.
- Stabilized over 385 households through our Safe Harbour Resource Center, which serves neighbors who are unsheltered, chronically homeless, or at risk of homelessness.
- Successfully prevented over 240 households who were at risk of losing their housing from becoming homeless.
- Served 2,700 households through our walk-up, drive-thru, and mobile pantry.
- Distributed over 305,000 pounds of healthy pantry items to individuals and families struggling with homelessness and food insecurity.
- Provided over 80,000 meals to our neighbors struggling with homelessness and food insecurity.
- Distributed thousands of vital basic needs items to our community, including clothing, toiletries, tents, and more.
Graduated 26 employment training students, and launched our new virtual B.E.S.T. Job Readiness Program!
None of this would have been possible without YOU! As we continue to provide vital services to our most vulnerable neighbors, we thank you for being a part of our Light House family!