Who We Serve
During a typical year, we provide homelessness prevention and support services to over 2,000 community members in need.
In 2020 alone, due to the Covid-19 crisis, we served roughly 40% more clients than a typical year.
We offer emergency shelter for 45 individuals and up to 5 families.
- The Light House also owns and operates 5 transitional housing properties which provide low cost housing options for those coming out of our residential program.
- Last year alone, we provided emergency and transitional housing for 169 individuals including 32 children, and we moved more than 48 individuals and families into permanent housing.
We serve hundreds of community members daily through fresh meals, pantry items, case management, housing and diversion services, clothing, showers, laundry, and other basic needs.
- Last year, we distributed over 305,000 pounds of healthy pantry items to food insecure neighbors through our drive-thru, walk-up, and mobile pantry.
- Last year, we provided over 80,000 meals to individuals and families struggling with homelessness and food insecurity.
- Our Safe Harbour Resource Center serves neighbors who are unsheltered, chronically homeless, or at risk of homelessness— stabilizing 385 households last year alone.
- Last year, over 240 households at risk of losing their housing were assisted through Safe Harbour and were successfully prevented from becoming homeless.
- Each year we distribute thousands of vital basic needs items to the community through our drive-thru and walk-up pantry, including clothing, toiletries, sleeping bags, tents, and more.
Our employment programs and services provide our residents and community clients with the tools they need to achieve sustainable employment.
- The Light House has graduated over 390 students from our B.E.S.T. Employment Training Program since 2012.
- Since the start of the Covid-19 crisis, we have adapted our employment programs to a virtual accelerated training model, increasing student capacity by 39%!
Our Light House Bistro social enterprise restaurant provides training and work opportunities for graduates of our Light House programs and community clients.
- 80% of Light House Bistro staff are members of our community who struggle with employment barriers.