Who We Serve
During a typical year, we provide homelessness prevention and support services to over 2,000 community members in need.
Due to the Covid-19 crisis, we have been consistently serving 40% more individuals and families since the crisis began.
We offer emergency shelter for 45 individuals and up to 5 families.
- The Light House also owns and operates 5 transitional housing properties which provide low cost housing options for those coming out of our residential program.
- Last year alone, we provided emergency and transitional housing for 189 individuals including 25 children.
- Last year alone, we successfully moved over 100 shelter residents and homeless community clients into safe permanent housing.
We serve hundreds of community members daily through fresh meals, pantry items, case management, housing and diversion services, clothing, showers, laundry, and other basic needs.
- Last year, we distributed over 270,000 pounds of healthy pantry items to food insecure neighbors through our food pantry programs.
- Last year, we provided over 83,000 meals to individuals and families struggling with homelessness and food insecurity.
- Our Safe Harbour Resource Center serves neighbors who are unsheltered, chronically homeless, or at risk of homelessness—providing services to over 960 individuals last year alone.
- Last year alone, over 280 households at risk of losing their housing were assisted through our Safe Harbour Resource Center and were successfully prevented from becoming homeless.
- Each year we distribute thousands of vital basic needs items to the community, including clothing, toiletries, sleeping bags, tents, and more.
Our employment programs and services provide our residents and community clients with the tools they need to achieve sustainable employment.
- The Light House has graduated over 450 students from our B.E.S.T. Employment Training Program since 2012.
- Since the start of the Covid-19 crisis, we have adapted our employment programs to a virtual accelerated training model and increased student capacity.
Our Light House Bistro social enterprise restaurant is changing lives one meal at a time.
- Light House Bistro provides training and work opportunities for graduates of our Light House programs and community clients.
- 80% of Light House Bistro staff are members of our community who struggle with employment barriers.