Thank you to our community for supporting us this past year! Your dedication to our mission enabled us to continue to serve a record number of neighbors struggling to meet their basic needs. In fact, due to the Covid-19 crisis, we have been consistently serving 40% more individuals and families overall since the crisis began.
In 2021 alone, The Light House:
- Provided emergency and transitional housing for 189 individuals including 25 children.
- Successfully moved over 100 shelter residents and homeless community clients into safe permanent housing.
- Provided services to over 960 individuals through our Safe Harbour Resource Center, which serves neighbors who are unsheltered, chronically homeless, or at risk of homelessness.
- Successfully prevented over 280 households who were at risk of losing their housing from becoming homeless.
- Distributed over 270,000 pounds of healthy pantry items to individuals and families struggling with homelessness and food insecurity.
- Provided over 83,000 meals to our neighbors struggling with homelessness and food insecurity.
- Distributed thousands of vital basic needs items to our community, including clothing, toiletries, tents, and more.
- We have also graduated over 450 students from our B.E.S.T. Employment Training program since 2012!
None of this would have been possible without YOU! As we continue to provide vital services to our most vulnerable neighbors, we thank you for being a part of our Light House family!