Thank you to our community for supporting us throughout 2020! Your dedication to our mission enabled us to serve a record number of neighbors hardest hit by the Covid-19 crisis. In fact, overall, we served 40% more individuals and families than a typical year, and the number of households served through our pantry programs increased by more than 200%.
In 2020 alone, The Light House:
- Provided emergency and transitional housing for 169 individuals including 32 children.
- Successfully moved over 83 shelter residents and homeless community clients into safe permanent housing.
- Stabilized over 385 households through our Safe Harbour Resource Center, which serves neighbors who are unsheltered, chronically homeless, or at risk of homelessness.
- Successfully prevented over 240 households who were at risk of losing their housing from becoming homeless.
- Served 2,700 households through our walk-up, drive-thru, and mobile pantry.
- Distributed over 305,000 pounds of healthy pantry items to individuals and families struggling with homelessness and food insecurity.
- Provided over 80,000 meals to our neighbors struggling with homelessness and food insecurity.
- Distributed thousands of vital basic needs items to our community, including clothing, toiletries, tents, and more.
Graduated 26 employment training students, and launched our new virtual B.E.S.T. Job Readiness Program!
None of this would have been possible without YOU! As we continue to provide vital services to our most vulnerable neighbors, we thank you for being a part of our Light House family!